Monarch butterfly numbers have been at an all time low for the last two overwintering seasons, and many pollinators are declining as well. The widespread planting of herbicide tolerant crops, intensive farming, and the ethanol mandate has led to a rapid loss of habitat. Monarchs and pollinators need our help. By planting milkweeds, the host plants for monarch caterpillars, and nectar plants for adult monarchs and pollinators, you can help maintain the monarch migration and sustain the pollinators whose pollinating services maintain our ecosystems.
Important Ordering Information:
- You will only be able to order milkweed that is available to ship to your shipping address zip code
- When you submit your order, your credit card will be charged and you will receive an email confirming your milkweed request has been received
- We then review orders with our nurseries to ensure we can fulfill all orders - please allow 3 business days for us to review with our nurseries
- Once we have confirmed we can fulfill your milkweed order, you will receive an additional email confirming the order has been approved for shipping
- You will receive a shipping confirmation with tracking when your milkweed flat(s) ship
*If we are unable to fulfill your milkweed order, we will issue a refund to your credit card and send you an email confirming the cancellation and refund
About Our Milkweed Flats:
Our milkweed plugs come in unmixed flats of 32 plants and are shipped via UPS Ground. The cost of UPS shipping is included in the price of the flats.These native plants are grown in a wholesale restoration nursery, not in a retail nursery. Unlike plants grown for showiness at a retail nursery, these plants are grown for habitat restoration and are often trimmed prior to shipment to conserve water. This does not damage the plants. They are hardy natives. If your shipment should be upturned by UPS, do not discard plants that have come out of their pots! They are still viable. We are not responsible for damage to plants caused in transit.
Most customers will receive plants that have green leaves. However, some customers may receive plants that lack leaves due to trimming or dormancy.
By placing an order, you agree to accept plants that are not showy, but have viable roots and will grow to become future monarch habitat with the proper care.